What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships prepare young people for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’. Traineeships provide the essential work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job:
- Work preparation training which ensures young people have the skills and confidence needed for an Apprenticeship or other job.
- Maths and English support to improve young people’s literacy and numeracy.
- Meaningful work experience which provides insight and experience of the world of work.
What are the benefits of a Traineeship?
Traineeships will ensure all young people have the work skills, maths and English and work experience needed to start their careers. Developed in response to business needs, Traineeships ensure employers have the talented workforce required for business success.
- Developed with employers, Traineeships will last anything from six weeks to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to the needs of the business and the individual.
- Employers will be at the centre of Traineeships, running or designing the programme and offering high quality work placements in partnership with a trusted provider.
- The National Apprenticeship Service can put employers in touch with local providers approved by the Skills Funding Agency.
Who are Traineeships for?
Traineeships are an ideal opportunity for young people who are motivated to get a job but who lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Young people who have been applying unsuccessfully for Apprenticeship vacancies due to a lack of skills or experience would be good candidates for a Traineeship. This includes those young people who:
- Are unemployed and have a little work experience.
- Are motivated to work.
- Are aged 16-18 and have not achieved a Level 3 qualification and 19-23 if they have not yet achieved a Level 2 qualification.
- Can be ready for employment or an Apprenticeship within six months of engaging in a Traineeship.
For more information
To find out how you can take on your first trainee and help develop talented young people with the practical skills for the workplace, please contact us for further using the form below: