What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships are ideal for young people who are motivated to get a job but who lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Traineeships can prepare you for your future career, helping you get ready for the world of work and improving your chances of getting an Apprenticeship or other job.
Traineeships can last anything from 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months with the content tailored to your individual needs, including:
- Work Preparation Training, which ensures you are ready and confidence to take the first step in your career, such as an Apprenticeship.
- Maths and English support to help give you the literacy and numeracy skills needed for the workplace.
- Work placements, which provide insight and experience of the world of work and makes you more attractive to potential employers.
What are the benefits of a Traineeship?
- Puts you in a better position to compete for an Apprenticeship or other job.
- Gives you the opportunity to build your CV and get vital experience with an employer.
- Improves your English and Maths skills to boost your chances of getting a job.
- At the end of the work placement, you will get a reference and a job interview if a role becomes available with the company.
Will I be paid?
Traineeships are unpaid. However, at Bath College, if you’re aged 16-18 then you will be entitled to a training allowance of £30 per week or help with childcare costs for up to 15 weeks. If you are aged 19 or over, you will also be able to apply for help with childcare costs.
Is a Traineeship right for me?
You could be suitable for a Traineeship if you:
- Are unemployed or work less than 16 hours per week and have little work experience
- Are motivated to work
- Aged 16-18 and are qualified below Level 3
- Aged 19-24 and are qualified to below Level 2
Applying to do a Traineeship
Bath College is endeavouring to find traineeship placements in wide a range of sectors from sport and construction to IT and administration. If you think that a traineeship is right for you, please contact us for any advice or information using the form below: