New state-of-the-art Construction Skills Centre
Coming to our Somer Valley Campus – September 2017
The new 2,665m2 facility at the Somer Valley Campus in Radstock will aim to become a Centre of Excellence for the Construction Industry and will :
- Focus on full-time programmes for 14 to 16 year olds and 16 to 18 year olds, apprenticeships and higher education alongside programmes for the unemployed.
- Help learners to gain the skills they need to secure and sustain employment in the construction industry.
- Support local economic development, job creation, business growth and regeneration.
- Create a talent pool for employers to find their future workforce.
We have courses available in the areas below – click the course you are interested in to find out more about them and to apply for your course:
- Building Services
- Electrical Engineering
- Painting and Decorating
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Help us ‘construct’ a name for the new centre
We would like to invite our local community to help us choose the name for the new centre. Submit your ideas to us by email at email@example.com or on Twitter or Facebook using #ConstructionSkillsCentre alongside your idea.
Click on the images below to see detailed plans of the new centre’s facilities.
Follow our progress
Follow the links below to articles on how the project is progressing: