Principal & Chief Executive
Thank you for your interest in working with Bath College
This is a very exciting time to join us, as we actively pursue our vision to realise our potential and become truly outstanding.
Bath College is an inclusive education and training community, providing learning for people with a wide range of abilities from a far reaching area. From entry level to degree programmes, we are committed to meeting the needs of all of our students. Our key aims are to enhance the quality of what we do for our students, to grow and innovate and to achieve our ambitions through sound financial management. We are a key institution in our City and partnership working is fundamental to our approach. We aim to improve the employability of all of our students and we work closely with our partners in industry to ensure this can be achieved.
I am proud of both our staff and our students. The progressive environment and ‘good feel’ around the College is due to their positive attitude and constructive collaboration. As a senior management team, we value the views of staff and encourage their involvement in the process of dynamic change.
We are privileged to work in the centre of a World Heritage site, at the heart of one of the UK’s most characterful cities. If you feel you can make a positive contribution, we look forward to welcoming you on board.
Bath College offer their staff a wide range of benefits
At Bath College you have the opportunity to work alongside professionals in a fast-paced and vibrant environment.
- Generous holiday entitlement of between 20 and 40 days, exclusive of College closure days and public holidays.
- Contributory salary pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers’ Pension Scheme).
- Continuing Professional Development for all staff.
- Child care voucher scheme.
- Refer a Friend and Earn a Reward Scheme
- MyMotor.biz – This exciting scheme offers staff loads of discounts on everyday motoring needs. It covers everything from servicing, repairs and MOTs to a complete personal vehicle management service.
- Rewarding You – a fantastic employee benefits programme exclusively available for staff of Bath College.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) – Staff have access to this programme run by the Royal United Hospital. It is a free and strictly confidential short term counselling and support service (up to four meetings after an initial assessment session with a qualified counsellor).
- VDU Eye Care Tests – The College offers all staff a voucher for a yearly eyesight test for those who are having eyesight issues when working at the computer.
- Progressive family friendly policies (exceeding statutory requirements) that supports a health work/life balance, all staff are entitled to request flexible working.
The College also offers access to the following on-site facilities to all its staff members:
The Library provides access to a wide range of information and learning resources. Within the comfortable and welcoming physical library environment there are books, magazines, newspapers, PCs and study spaces available to all staff and students to browse and borrow. There is also 24/7 online access to thousands of ebooks, online resources, and Planet eStream the College’s online streaming service which stores over 5000 TV programmes, films, and student videos. Training and assistance is also given on using iPads, cameras, laptops and other pieces of digital media equipment, which are available for staff and students to book.
The Academy provides a range of Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Holistic and Spa Treatments in a relaxing atmosphere. Our students are trained to the highest professional standards and will endeavour to ensure your visit is a pleasant experience. The Academy is open to the public, staff and students during term time.
The Shrubbery and Bistro Restaurant
The Shrubbery is a popular restaurant offering formal and modern dining during lunchtime and dinner.
All our dishes are prepared, served and cooked by our students as part of their training under professional supervision. We use only fresh, local and seasonal ingredients where possible.
The Shrubbery is open to the public, staff and students during term time.
Staff may undertake Love2Learn courses for free providing the course is already viable and there are spaces available. Where material costs are relevant the member of staff would have to meet these.