Homestay is for students who want to live with a host family in their home. It is recommended for students under 18, and it is a requirement for students under 16. Please note that we prioritise students under 18 years old for Homestay accommodation.
If you choose Homestay accommodation, you will live as a member of the household. You will usually have a single room, and share the rest of the facilities. Accommodation is arranged by the College for a minimum of two weeks. If you want to stay for longer than this period, you should arrange this with the host or Homestay family. Payment is made weekly in advance directly to your host or family.
There are many benefits to being in Homestay accommodation:
- There is no deposit to pay.
- Breakfast and evening meals can be provided for you.
- All your bills are paid and laundry is done for you.
- You have more flexibility – you are only committed to stay for two weeks.
- For international students, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn English quickly.
- Smoking is not permitted in Homestay accommodation.
- Special diets may be available but are not guaranteed. However, the College caters for many dietary needs in its catering outlets.
- You are expected to keep your room clean and tidy.
- You will be able to have friends to visit.
- Some families have pets.
- All Homestay locations are on bus routes, and a few are within walking distance of the College.
- If you are 16 or 17, you will be expected to be home by 10:30pm for your safety, and your host needs to know where you are at all times.
£230 per week: half-board – breakfast and an evening meal. Washing/laundry facilities also included.
If you decide that you want to leave your Homestay accommodation before the planned date, you must give two weeks paid notice to your host.
If you let us know you arrival time, we will ensure your host is home to greet you. If you are coming from overseas, you may wish to make use of the airport transfer taxi service.