The College is aware that sadly, for some of our students, the College being closed means that their normal support network is missing. If you need some urgent help these contacts may be useful:
- Life Threatening Emergencies – Call 999: If someone is seriously ill or injured, and their life is at risk.
- Non-Life Threatening Emergencies – Call 101
- For health/medical advice – Phone 111 NHS Medical Service but for more serious worries visit your local Accident and Emergency Department or NHS Choices for any health related advice on www.nhs.uk.
- For suicidal feelings – Call the Samaritans: on free phone number on 116 123 or visit www.samaritans.org or www.papyrus-uk.org.
- Childline – Call free on 0800 1111, whatever your worry they are there to help. You can register at www.childline.org.uk for a 1-2-1 counsellor chat or you can send an email.
- Kooth – Confidential online counselling for under 19 years in Bath and North East Somerset area. Visit www.kooth.com for more information.
- For Emergency Contraception and Contraceptive Advice – Call CASH on 01225 826855 or you can ask at an Accident and Emergency or Minor Injury Departments. Also www.safebanes.co.uk
- Off the Record: FREE, CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT services for children and young people that support the development of emotional health and well-being at www.offtherecord-banes.co.uk or 01225 312 481 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abusive relationships – Southside, Bath: Call or text (SMS) 07724 011051 or email email@example.com
- Rape or sexual assault – Call Bridge Clinic on 0117 3426999 or contact the Police.
- For mental health – Mind: Visit www.mind.org.uk or call 0300 123 3393, you can also consult your GP or phone 111.
- For support around bereavement – Cruse: call free on 0808 808 1677 or visit www.cruse.org.uk
- For housing worries – ‘Shelter’ 0808 800 4444, 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday. Calls are free from UK landlines and main mobile networks (Virgin, EE, 3, T-mobile, Vodafone and O2).
We wish you well and look forward to seeing you again in the new year. Take care.