The Students’ Union have a number of roles and ways to become part of the team. If elected all officers get full training and support from our Participation team to carry out their ideas and represent other students.
Bath College have a sabbatical President. This is when a graduating student is elected and is paid to run the Students’ Union as a job. All other positions are voluntary and can be completed alongside your course.
City Centre Campus
- Vice President – Community and Wellbeing
- Higher Education Officer
- Media and Promotions Officer
- Events Officer
- Equality and Diversity Officer
- Sports and Societies Officer
- Open Portfolio Officer x2
Why do it?
Being part of the Students’ Union will give you a unique experience and teach you some skills that few others will be able to talk about. For that reason it looks great on CV’s and applications. Most of all it fun, you will meet and make some great new friends, run some amazing events and take part in some unique experiences.
What do they do?
- Collects student feedback
- Works with the Participation team on events and activities
- Is a college governor
- Main link between students and staff
Vice President – Community and Wellbeing
- Stands in for the President
- Promotes a well-being event or week
- Promotes a community event or volunteering project
Higher Education Officer
- Represents Higher Education students
- Organises HE events
Media and Promotions Officer
- Create all the promotional material for Students’ Union events (posters, flyers, videos)
- Make sure all students know what’s going on
Equality and Diversity Officer
- Promote E&D issues to students and staff
- Take a lead on an E&D issue (campaign, promotional stand, and awareness stand or awareness week)
Sports and Societies Officer
- Help promote the sports and societies on offer at college
- Set up and run their own society
- Support students to set up their own societies
Open Portfolio Officer x 2
- Get involved wherever they can
- Helps with the SU events
- Represents student views and is involved in decision making