As part of our commitment to working in partnership with parents for our under 18 year old students we will be holding a parents briefing meeting on:
Thursday 1st October 2015 at either 6:00pm or 7:15pm in the MAPA Building, room PA001 (You will be guided from main reception to this room)
This meeting will be particularly useful to you if this will be your first experience of the College. You will be introduced to:
- Members of the Senior Leadership Group
- The breadth of the college’s curriculum
- The importance we put on achievement in English and maths
- Our approach to developing employability skills
- The resources and enrichment opportunities available to students
- The support available to help students achieve
- Our tutorial system
- Our expectations of students
- Some of our key policies, including e-safety
- The six week probationary period
If you would like to attend please come at the time which is most convenient for you. Unfortunately we cannot offer parking facilities however, Avon Street car park is directly behind the College and the Park & Ride services drop off a short walk from the College. The briefing will take no longer than an hour and is in addition to any departmental invitation you may receive, or may have already received.
Whether or not you are able to join us, you can find more information in our parent handbook.