Childcare Funding and Fees

Family Information Service

Helps parents choose and access appropriate childcare and family support services by providing impartial information and advice about childcare options and benefits. For more information, please visit: www.bathnes.gov.uk/fis



Students under 20 years old can get financial help with their childcare costs from Care to Learn. Care to Learn will pay for childcare costs while you learn. This scheme can pay for nursery deposits if one is charged, also travel expenses to and from your childcare provider. For an application form and further information, call 0800 121 8989. You can also get further information online here.



For students over 20 years of age, there are a few available childcare schemes. Adults are advised to seek help from their local Job Centre Plus in the first instance regarding the New Deal programme


Please note: you must speak to the JobCentre Plus to find out if you can get any help before enrolling on your course


Lone Parents

If you are a lone parent who is not eligible for help through the New Deal programme you may be eligible for funding through the Horizons Education Fund.


Working Tax Credit

You may be eligible for childcare funding through the Child element of your Working Tax Credit. Contact HM Revenue & Customs or follow the link for more information.


Learner Support Fund Childcare

If you are aged 20 or above and from a low-income household, you should be eligible for funding towards your childcare expenses through the Learner Support Fund. We can fund childcare for children from the age of 1 year old.

If your child is older than the age of 4 you will need to find an alternative Ofsted registered nursery or childminder.


Please note the Learner Support Fund does not pay for deposits or during holidays when you are not in your College lessons.


Downloadable Files




Your Wishlist