image banner


Welcome to Bath College


We are very pleased that you want to study with us. The College is conveniently located in the centre of Bath, and it is only a few minutes away from the city centre, railway station and bus and coach stations, so is the ideal place for students who want to explore the beautiful and historic city of Bath.

We have experienced staff to help and support you. The College can also help you to find accommodation and provide information to help you discover the wonderful city of Bath.


A Cultural Experience

About two million people visit the historic city of Bath each year to see its magnificent architecture, ancient Roman Baths, the famous Bath Abbey and extensive Parks. There is a wonderful choice of museums and art galleries, and Bath attracts many artists and musicians to its international events, like the Bath Music and Film Festival. Bath is also a shoppers' paradise, with familiar large stores and a wide variety of small specialist shops.


Course & Facilities

We offer a wide range of courses including English Language courses, Further Education and Higher Education programmes. During your studies, you can meet and make friends with both UK students and students from around the world. The College has a range of facilities to help you make full use of your learning time here in the UK, including a well-equipped learning centre and library, a careers advice service, hair and beauty salons, and a café. Students also have access, through the Student's Union, to the local leisure centre, which includes a fitness and sports centre.


More Information

Our College has a long tradition of welcoming students from all over the world. Bath is one of the UK's safest cities in which to study, and is the UK's only World Heritage City. Students who come to Bath often fall in love with the city and come back to visit. Below is some useful information to help you prepare for studying at Bath College.


How to Apply


You can check the course details for our courses using our course search, and find out the entry requirements for our Level 3, Access to Higher Education Diploma, and Higher Education programmes. You can apply using our International Application. Please download, fill out and return via email to


  International Application Form


We are very familiar with international qualifications and can advise you on whether you have the required qualifications for the course which you intend to study. Please contact our International Admissions with any enquiries via


For UCAS listed (Foundation Degrees, Higher National Certificates & Diplomas), please visit


English Language Entry Requirements

For our level 3 courses you must have gained an English Language Qualification such as IELTS. You will need a minimum IELTS score of 5.5 with at least 5.0 in each part for most courses and a higher score for higher programmes of study. For more information on English Language requirements, please contact


We pride ourselves on our high quality teaching, our warm welcome and our support for our international students. Our most popular courses for international students are our Access to Higher Education Diplomas leading to University places, our Higher National Certificate, and our English Language Courses.


Visas & Immigration


The majority of overseas students, including EU, EEA and Swiss Nationals specifically coming to study in the UK will usually need to apply for a Visa. You can check whether you need a visa here.


You can apply for a Visa up to six months before you start your course, and there are different types of visas you can apply for:

  • A Standard Visa lets you do short courses of study that last no longer than 6 months.
  • A Short Term Study Visa lets you come to the UK to study an English language course that is over 6 months and up to 11 months.
  • A Student Visa is usually for a longer course. You must be sponsored by a licensed College or University and have a confirmed place. You may be able to do some work on this Visa.


For further advice on obtaining Visas, please visit:


Fee Info and How to Pay


We have put together a fact sheet about different ways to pay your course fees as an International student. You will also find our course fees for 2022-23. If you have any further questions, you can contact our International Admissions team via



Brexit & Funding


Bath College welcomes prospective students from all over the world and is able to access a variety of funding streams to help EU and International students pay for their course.


What citizens of the EU, Iceland, Leichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland studying, or planning to study in the UK should consider:


Some other useful links:


Money & Budgeting


How much money will I need to bring?

It is not a good idea to carry large amounts of cash with you in the UK. Most students have access to a debit or credit card, or use travellers cheques to cover their immediate needs. However, you might want to bring cash for your first few weeks; we recommend around £500 for day to day expenses such as transport and food (this does not include cost of accommodation).

Students staying for 6 months or longer usually open an English bank account after they have arrived in the UK. For students studying on short courses, it may not be possible to open a bank account, so please check before you leave home to make sure you can use your debit, credit or cash card in the UK.


The cost of living in the UK?

You can expect to pay £800 - £1300 a month, to cover accommodation, bills, food and other living costs. While living in the UK and studying on a full time course at Bath College, you will need to learn a very useful skill, which is how to manage your money.


Food - One of the main things to budget for is food. The College has a reasonably priced coffee shop, where you can buy healthy food, or you can buy the ingredients you need to cook for yourself or together with other students in the kitchens if you are in shared accommodation. There are several supermarkets within walking distance of the College, and smaller specialist food shops to meet the needs of most students.


Books - You will need to budget for a lot of text books but this will depend on the course you are studying. There is also an excellent library and study centre in the College.


Transport - Bath College is in the centre of Bath, and most accommodation is within walking distance or a short bus ride out of the town centre. However, you may want to take trips at the weekend or during the holidays so you should budget for occasional longer trips.


Social Activities - Although you will be studying hard, you will also have time for relaxing, and for following your outside interests, whether it is sport, cinema, dancing or visiting other cities.


TV Licence - You will need a TV Licence if you want to watch live TV programmes (as they are being broadcast) and if you are in your own accommodation, whether it is on a TV, mobile phone or computer. If you are in homestay, the host may already have a TV licence in the house. If you watch TV without a licence, you could be fined up to £1000. However, if you only watch programmes which you have downloaded, or 'catch-up' services, you don't need a licence. For up to date information about costs and details on the many ways you can pay, please visit the TV licencing website.


For more detailed practical financial advice, see the section on Money on the Education UK website. The International Student Calculator can help you plan and manage your money and to see how other students have budgeted for life at University in the UK. For more advice on opening bank accounts un the UK, see UKCISA's page on Opening a Bank Account.




Bath College does not have its own student accommodation but we can provide you with help and advice on finding accommodation.


Renting a shared or whole property

Many students choose private rented accommodation, with four to five bedroom properties being the most common size. Studios and one bedroom flats are available but considerably more expensive. Options vary but you can expect an 11-12 month contract and an average rent of around £500 per person per month, before bills.



There are several local agencies in the area that specialise in student accommodation. They will have local landlords on their books and may be able to suggest a few options for you. You can also find private sector accommodation by searching on:


The Student Community Partnership

For more information on living in the Bath community, read the Student Community Partnership's Guide.


Your first week at College


When you arrive at College, you will attend an induction programme. During this programme you will:

  • Receive more information about the College, your course and about living in the UK.
  • Meet the teaching staff and other students on the course.
  • Have placement tests (if you are studying English as a Foreign Language).
  • Receive further course information.
  • Discuss any accommodation queries.
  • Receive help regarding opening a bank account.
  • Receive information regarding registering with a doctor and a dentist.
  • Receive information regarding registering with the police.
  • Be given a letter of enrolment and attendance (if required).


We can also help you with information on:

  • Working in the UK whilst studying.
  • Council Tax.
  • Driving in the UK.
  • Travel queries.
  • Student Railcards.
  • General immigration matters, such as visa extensions.
  • General enquiries about living in the UK.



Contact Us


English Language School

For information on ESOL English Language Classes, English as a foreign language exam classes, international groups and other English Language School queries.

All Other Queries

For all other courses and enquiries, including immigration, international qualification equivalencies, course entry requirements for overseas students and international fees.