Bath College have put together some brand new free courses to help local people and businesses.
Whether it’s short courses to help get back into employment, computing courses or English language courses, the College can help you upskill.
These courses are in addition to the existing Adult Community Learning programme that Bath College currently runs, which provides a wide range of courses intended for those who want to improve their chances to find work, support their families or live independently.
Free Short Courses
These courses are perfect for people who are looking to get back into the workplace and include:
• Health and Safety in the Workplace (Free CSCS Card)
• Working as a Door Supervisor/ Stewarding (Free SIA Licence)
• Warehousing and Storage (Free FLT Licence)
• CCTV Operator (Free SIA Licence)
• Logistics and Transport (Free DGV Licence)
• Working in the Care Sector including Work Placement (Free Care Certificate Portfolio)
All courses include:
• Functional Skills English and Mathematics;
• Personal Development for Employability; and,
• Emergency First Aid in the Workplace.
We also offer:
• Bookkeeping, SAGE & Business Administration (Free AAT Registration)
Free IT / Computer Courses
These courses are designed for those who are either completely new to computers or want to brush up on existing IT skills.
The Bath College Learning Centre is located in a professional adult learning environment located at the City Centre Campus.
• IT Level 1 Certificate – This course is designed to develop your skills in Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• IT Level 2 Extended Certificate – This course is aimed at learners who have either achieved the Level 1 Certificate or already have experience, and a good understanding of Microsoft Office programmes.
Free ESOL – English Language Courses
These courses are to help develop English Reading, Writing or Speaking and Listening Skills for those whose first language is not English.
The courses lead to recognised qualifications and are free to most people, including those from other European Union countries. They are for all levels of ability to enable people to learn at their own pace.
For more information about any of our new free courses, visit www.bathcollege.ac.uk/freecourses or call 01225 312720