Highway Legislation and Administration
The objective of the Highway Legislation and Administration course is to provide a comprehensive study of the main legal and administration requirements impinging on the management of highways, both as requirements and good practice.
Course Code – S97HLD4/ECR1C
What topics are covered?
- The law in the United Kingdom
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Further regulations
- Environmental Management
- Public Health
- Control of pollution
- Refuse disposal
- Transport and traffic
- Introduction to the Highways Act
- highway authorities & statutory undertakers
- Powers and duties of Highway authorities
- Liability for highway maintenance
- Organisation of highway maintenance
- Introdution to the NRSWA 1991
- NRSWA Part I New roads in England and Wales
- NRSWA Part III Street works in England and Wales
- NRSWA Part II
- New roads in Scotland
- NRSWA Part IV
- Road works in Scotland
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at anyone working or planning to work in the highways industry.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Pearson BTEC Certificate.
Who is the awarding body?Pearson
How will I learn?
You will learn via distance learning with specialist tutor support.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed via assignments marked by a specialist tutor.
What can I do after this course?
You can progress to other full specialist courses and the Highways Professional Diploma.
How much does this course cost?
This full specialist course costs £685.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
Where can I find out more information?For further information, please take a look at our Highways Brochure.
Any queries, contact us by phone on 01225 328 690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.