Introduction to Autism
Learn about the basics of autism from a long-time educator who is, himself autistic, and who also runs a non-profit to help create a community for adult autists and ‘friends of the tribe’.
What topics are covered?
- Autism today
- Autism historically
- Living and Working with Autism including typical sensory and social challenges
- A glimpse into one autists world
Who is the course aimed at?
- Teachers, Educators, and care workers who wish to better understand the autistic experience
- Friends, Family, Partners, Co-workers of someone autistic who wish to understand more about the condition.
- Anyone interested peeking into a glimpse of life as an autist.
Who will be my tutor?
What hours will I be in college?
10:00 – 16:00 with one hour break.
Which department is this course in?Inclusion
Where will I need to go on my first day?On your first day, please report to the Reception in the Roper Building at City Centre Campus.
How do I enrol?