Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences – Level 2 Certificate
This qualification will provide learners with an opportunity to develop an understanding of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and will equip them with basic understanding of causes of ACEs, and techniques for preventing and addressing ACEs in work based settings.
What topics are covered?
- Key child development milestones
- Biological and external factors which affect development
- Development of needs and circumstances
- Contrasting perspectives on nature vs nurture
- The role of family & family structures
- Holistic health, education, development and wellbeing
- Sources of support
- Role of the practitioner & reflection for professional development
- The resilience framework
Who is the course aimed at?
This qualification is designed for learners wishing to progress to a wide range of further learning and job roles such as nursery staff, teachers, health/social workers across health and social care, children and young people, nursing, public services and education and training.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences.
How will I learn?
You will learn via Distance Learning after an online induction
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)
Where can I find out more information?
For any queries, please contact us by email, email@example.com
How do I apply?
Click the apply button to complete your online induction and enrolment