Understanding Excellence in Customer Service for Hospitality – Level 2 Certificate
Understanding Excellence in Customer Service for Hospitality is a free level 2 distance learning course.
In the hospitality sector, staff are often the forefront of the business and first impressions are vital. It is therefore important that those working in hospitality are highly professional. Understanding how to communicate effectively, the importance of teamwork and the importance of maintaining food hygiene is essential for staff in these roles.
Course code: S22ECH2/ERF1A
What topics are covered?
- Principles of Customer Service in the Hospitality Sector.
- Understand effective teamwork in the Hospitality Sector.
- Understand legislation and guidance relevant to the Hospitality Sector.
- Understand professional personal standards in the Hospitality Sector.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Those who need evidence of their competency for employment
- Those who want to further their personal and professional development
- Those who need to know about food allergy and intolerance requirements
- Those who would like to learn at a time that suits them without the need to attend college
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not an EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Excellence in Customer Service for Hospitality.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE
How will I learn?
You will learn via distance learning after a face to face induction session.
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
Where will I need to go on my first day?
Once your Distance Learning Request Form has been processed you will be invited to attend the next Induction session which generally takes place at either Somer Valley campus (Radstock), or City Centre campus (Bath). Please allow 1.5hrs attendance.
Inductions will include a mandatory 15-minute maths and English assessment (this is not a test).
Learners may need to bring their passport and visa to the induction, for evidencing course eligibility. This will be confirmed prior to the induction date.
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)