As Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes, most of the training is ‘on the job’ – at your premises. The rest can be provided by Bath College, another local college or by a specialist training provider, or you could deliver everything yourself.
Using training providers
Throughout an Apprenticeship, an employer representative will be able to support and guide you. They will work with you to:
- help you decide which Apprenticeship is right for you;
- explain the way that Apprenticeships might work for you and if funding is available;
- agree a training plan with your apprentice;
- recruit an apprentice or support your existing staff into Apprenticeships;
- manage the training and evaluation; and
- ensure that national quality standards are met and deliver integrated, coherent training.