Understanding Business Improvement Techniques – Level 2 Certificate
This free level 2 distance learning course will help learners to make improvements that are more efficient – such as saving on time or costs – that will bring considerable benefits to an organisation, particularly in competitive business environments.
What topics are covered?
- Safe and effective team working
- Principles and techniques that support workplace organisation
- An understanding of continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen) and their application in the workplace
- How to use visual management systems
- Problem-solving techniques
- How to carry out flow process analysis
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at a wide range of learners involved in organisational improvement.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not an EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Business Improvement Techniques.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE
How will I learn?
You will learn via distance learning after a face to face induction session.
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
Where will I need to go on my first day?
Once your Distance Learning Request Form has been processed you will be invited to attend the next Induction session which generally takes place at either Somer Valley campus (Radstock), or City Centre campus (Bath). Please allow 1.5hrs attendance.
Inductions will include a mandatory 15-minute maths and English assessment (this is not a test).
Learners may need to bring their passport and visa to the induction, for evidencing course eligibility. This will be confirmed prior to the induction date.
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)
Where can I find out more information?
How do I apply?
Click the “Apply” button and fill out an online application form.