Beauty Therapy Extended Diploma Level 3
This Beauty Therapy Level 3 course provides a follow-on from a Level 2 Beauty Therapy and will equip you with higher level of skills necessary for employment in beauty salons, spas and cruise liners. During this course you will learn treatments such as body massage, body electrical and face electrical treatments, gel varnish, self-tanning and single eyelash extensions, alongside anatomy and physiology and health and safety.
What topics are covered?
During this course you will learn how to:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide face electrical treatmeents
- Provide electrical epilation
- Provide self-tanning services
- Provide single eyelash extensions
As a full-time student at Bath College, you will follow a study programme consisting of a vocational diploma, maths and English, employability skills, volunteering and tutorial. Please visit our Study Programmes page for details.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their skills in this vocational area.
What are the entry requirements?
- NVQ or VRQ in Beauty Therapy Level 2
- Excellent communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, a mature caring attitude and a professional customer focussed approach
- Interview during which you will be expected to take part in a basic practical skills test
What qualifications will I gain?
VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
Who is the awarding body?VTCT
How will I be assessed?
Units are internally and externally assessed. Continuous practical assessment is used to teach and develop vocational competence. On completion of each unit, you will be required to sit an externally set multiple choice theory exam.
What can I do after this course?
- Level 3 Technical Diploma in Nail Technologies
- Level 3 Spa
- Level 3 Complementary Therapies
Are there any additional costs?
Uniform, text books, kits (discussed at interview).
What funding is available?If you are aged 19 or over you may be eligible to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan to cover your tuition fees.
For other funding information, please refer to our Funding page.
What facilities are available?
You will gain experience in our on-site state-of-the-art facilities such as the Academy Studios.The Academy
Which department is this course in?Hospitality, Hair, Beauty and Spa Industries
Where will I need to go on my first day?On your first day, please report to the Reception in the Roper Building at City Centre Campus.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to comply with the following policies that are issued at enrolment:
- Dress code
- Code of conduct
- Locker policy
- Scissor / knife policy
A basic stationery pack will be issued to enrolled students.
Where can I find out more information?For advice or more details please telephone 01225 312191 or email email@example.com. You may also visit our Student Advice Centre.
If you have a learning difficulty or disability, please contact Additional Learning Support to arrange additional help.
How do I apply?Online: Click the "Apply" button and fill out an online application form.
By post: download the Full-Time Application Form and send to Student Advice Centre, Bath College, Avon Street, Bath BA1 1UP.
In person: Visit the Student Advice Centre in either of our campuses
To find out more about the application process, please go to the How to Apply page.