Cancer Support Level 2 Certificate
As cancer treatments are improved and more people survive cancer, an awareness of the impact of living with cancer long-term and knowledge of how to support individuals is vital for anyone caring for someone with cancer. This free distance learning course provides valuable professional development for those working in health and social care, but is also suitable for those who care for someone living with cancer.
What topics are covered?
- Cancer awareness
- Introduction to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Introduction to cancer care and support
- Introduction to end of life and bereavement care
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at those involved in health and social care and carers.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not an EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Cancer Support.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE Cache
How will I learn?
You will learn via Distance Learning after an online induction
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On successful completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget).
How do I apply?
Click the Apply button to complete your online induction and enrolment