Plumbing & Heating NVQ Diploma Level 2
This course is aimed at adults aged 19+ wishing to enhance their skills and knowledge in domestic plumbing and heating. Classes are taught two evenings per week at the Somer Valley Campus near Radstock. The qualification covers all the essential skills and knowledge needed for a successful career in domestic plumbing and heating.
Learners are required to have a work experience placement of at least 8 hours per week with a qualified plumber. This is so that on-site assessments can be made to fulfill the requirements for NVQ status. This placement can be employed or voluntary experience.
Successful completion of this qualification reflects the ability to select and use relevant knowledge, ideas, skills and procedures to complete well defined tasks and address straightforward problems. It includes taking responsibility for completing tasks and procedures, and exercising autonomy and judgement subject to overall direction or guidance.
What topics are covered?
- Applying environmental protection measures
- Scientific principles in Engineering
- Site preparation and pipe fabrication
- Domestic hot water system installation
- Domestic rainwater systems
- Maintaining domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Above ground drainage systems
What are the entry requirements?
- Successful interview
- Work experience placement with a qualified plumber of at least 8 hours per week.
What qualifications will I gain?
Two qualifications are available at level 2:
- Refrigeration, Air-Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems Diploma L2
- Installing, Testing & Maintaining Air Conditioning NVQ Diploma L2
Who is the awarding body?City & Guilds
How will I be assessed?
Examinations and practical on-site assessments
What funding is available?
This course is funded via the Adult Education Budget. Some learners will not be required to pay for enrolment, subject to eligibility. For advice on funding email: email@example.com.