Professional Food and Beverage Service Diploma Level 2
This course is ideal if you work in the food and beverage service industry in a front of house role, or you want to move into that role. This course will help fill in any gaps in your front of house skills, perhaps to advance to a more senior position. You will learn many key restaurant principles and practices, including health and safety, menu knowledge and principles of customer service.
What topics are covered?
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Principles of customer service in food nad beverage service
- Health and safety in food and beverage service
- Handling payments and maintaining a payment point
- Menu knowledge and design
- Food and beverage service skills
- Principles of beverage product knowledge
- Service of hot beverages
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their skills in this vocational area.
What are the entry requirements?
- VRQ Level 1 Professional Chef Diploma or VRQ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service Level 1, or significant restaurant experience
- Good communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, and a professional customer focussed approach
- 4 GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English Language and Maths.
What qualifications will I gain?
Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service
Who is the awarding body?City and Guilds
How will I learn?
Your learning will be classroom and practical based, with assignments, presentations and reports, working individually and in small groups.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through coursework and practical tests.
What can I do after this course?
- Gain employment within the catering and hospitality industry
- Progress onto a level 3 programme
Are there any additional costs?
Uniform, knives and books (discussed at interview)
What funding is available?For funding information, please refer to our Funding page.
What facilities are available?
You will gain experience in our on-site state-of-the-art kitchens and restaurant facilities such as The Shrubbery Restaurant and Bistro.
Which department is this course in?Hospitality, Hair, Beauty and Spa Industries
Where will I need to go on my first day?On your first day, please report to the Reception in the Roper Building at City Centre Campus.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to comply with the following policies that are issued at enrolment:
- Dress code
- Code of conduct
- Locker policy
- Scissor / knife policy
A basic stationery pack will be issued to enrolled students.
Where can I find out more information?For advice or more details please telephone 01225 312191 or email email@example.com. You may also visit our Student Advice Centre.
If you have a learning difficulty or disability, please contact Additional Learning Support to arrange additional help.
How do I apply?Online: Click the "Apply" button and fill out an online application form.
By post: download the Full-Time Application Form and send to Student Advice Centre, Bath College, Avon Street, Bath BA1 1UP.
In person: Visit the Student Advice Centre in either of our campuses
To find out more about the application process, please go to the How to Apply page.