Safe Handling of Medication – Level 2 Certificate
Safe Handling of Medication is a free level 2 distance learning course that aims to develop an understanding of handling medicines safely in a health and social care setting.
What topics are covered?
- Understanding medication.
- Supply, storage and disposal of medication.
- Administration of medicine.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at those involved in health and social care.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not an EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Safe handling of Medication.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE Cache
How will I learn?
You will learn via Distance Learning after an online induction
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On successful completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget).
Where can I find out more information?
For any queries, please contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply?
Click the apply button to complete your online induction and enrolment