Spa Therapies Extended Diploma Level 3
This Spa Therapies Level 3 Diploma course is a follow-on from Complementary Therapies Level 3 or Beauty Therapy Level 2 or 3 and provides a higher level of skills necessary for employment in specialist spas, salons and therapy centres.
The course will give you excellent training in many specialist and desirable therapies.
We are fortunate to have strong links with local 5 star spas such as Lucknam Park, The Royal Crescent, The Priory and The potting sheds at The Pig who offer work experience and in the case of Lucknam Park an opportunity to apply for a 3 year working pathway to senior staff.
Students will have the opportunity to apply for work experience and apply for international work experience. There is the strong possibility of securing employment during the course.
Past students on this course have left into full time employment in the above spas.
You will have the opportunity to study additional units in half term such as pregnancy massage and hot bamboo massage.
What topics are covered?
Some of the topics covered are:
- Indian Head Massage
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Swedish massage (advanced massage techniques)
- Holistic facials
- Thai stamp massage
- Spa Manicure
- Spa pedicure
- Monitor clients and the operation of sauna, steam and hydrotherapy treatments.
- Wraps and Scrubs
- Promote and sell products and services
- Social Media marketing
- Client care and consultations
- Anatomy and physiology of the face and body.
You will be offered the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular training to gain additional skills, such as cupping, pregnancy and bamboo massage.
As a full-time student at Bath College, you will follow a study programme consisting of a vocational diploma, maths and English, employability skills, volunteering and tutorial. Please visit our Study Programmes page for details.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their skills in this vocational area, and therapists wishing to extend their skills and develop current specialities to increase employment prospects in high end and local & international spa establishments.
What are the entry requirements?
- Four Level 4 and above GCSE’s including Maths and English.
- NVQ or VRQ Level 3 in Beauty Therapy or Level 3 qualification in Complementary Therapies
- Excellent communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, a mature caring attitude and a professional customer focussed approach
- Interview during which you will be expected to take part in a practical skills test
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Spa Therapy.
Who is the awarding body?VTCT
How will I learn?
You will learn:
- By attending theory lessons and by practicing on fee paying clients who will participate in assessments to provide progression in the subject.
- By participating in work experience alongside the course to gain strong industry development.
- By visiting and participating a variety of spas and employer engagement
- By participating in subject related voluntary work to strengthen skills and community links.
How will I be assessed?
- This qualification is graded pass, merit or distinction.
- A service portfolio of formative practical assessments and written work.
- A graded final assessment with each unit enabling a pass, merit or distinction grade.
- Two external theory exams, marked by VTCT
- A final end of year practical exam, attended by employers & an external examiner
What can I do after this course?
- Work in a variety of spas and therapy centres.
- Work within the NHS.
- Work with community groups and businesses.
- Work in international spas and on cruise ships.
- Progress on to Spa Management.
Are there any additional costs?
There will be an additional cost for the course kit. This information will be given prior to your start date.
What funding is available?If you are aged 19 or over you may be eligible to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan to cover your tuition fees.
For other funding information, please refer to our Funding page.
What facilities are available?
You will gain experience in our on-site state-of-the-art facilities such as the Academy Studios.
Which department is this course in?Hospitality, Hair, Beauty and Spa Industries
Where will I need to go on my first day?
You will be allocated a room or area to be collected from.
What do I need to bring?
You should bring with you a pen and paper and your uniform if required.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to comply with the following policies that are issued at enrolment:
- Dress code
- Code of conduct
- Locker policy
A basic stationery pack will be issued to enrolled students.
Where can I find out more information?For advice or more details please telephone 01225 312191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit our Student Advice Centre.
If you have a learning difficulty or disability, please contact Additional Learning Support to arrange additional help.
How do I apply?Online: Click the "Apply" button and fill out an online application form.
By post: download the Full-Time Application Form and send to Student Advice Centre, Bath College, Avon Street, Bath BA1 1UP.
In person: Visit the Student Advice Centre in either of our campuses
To find out more about the application process, please go to the How to Apply page.