Understanding Autism – Level 2 Certificate
Understanding Autism is a free level 2 distance learning course.
Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism – more than 1 in every 100. Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
Course code: S22UAT2/ERF1A
What topics are covered?
- Introduction to Autism.
- Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism.
- Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism.
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism.
- Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism.
- Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Those who want to achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Those who want to improve their understanding of theories relating to autism
- Those who want to further their personal and professional development
- Those who want to ensure they understand what is meant by autism and how it is diagnosed
- Those who want to learn at a time that suits them without the need to attend college
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE
How will I learn?
You will learn via Distance Learning after an online induction
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)
Where can I find out more information?
For any queries, please contact us by email, email@example.com
How do I apply?
Click the apply button to complete your online induction and enrolment