Understanding Children’s and Young People’s Mental Health – Level 2 Certificate
This 16-week, level 2 course aims to introduce and develop an awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
What topics are covered?
Topics covered include:
- Understanding of the contributing factors to children and young people’s mental health.
- Understand children and young people’s mental health and the impact of these concerns.
- Understand how to provide the appropriate support.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is relevant to those working or planning to work with children and young people in a variety of settings.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not an EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children’s and Young People’s Mental Health.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE
How will I learn?
You will learn via distance learning after a face to face induction session.
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
Where will I need to go on my first day?
Once your Distance Learning Request Form has been processed you will be invited to attend the next Induction session which generally takes place at either Somer Valley campus (Radstock), or City Centre campus (Bath). Please allow 1.5hrs attendance.
Inductions will include a mandatory 15 minute maths and English assessment (this is not a test).
Learners may need to bring their passport and visa to the induction, for evidencing course eligibility. This will be confirmed prior to the induction date.
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)