Understanding Children’s and Young People’s Mental Health – Level 2 Certificate
This 16-week, level 2 course aims to introduce and develop an awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
What topics are covered?
Topics covered include:
- Understanding of the contributing factors to children and young people’s mental health.
- Understand children and young people’s mental health and the impact of these concerns.
- Understand how to provide the appropriate support.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is relevant to those working or planning to work with children and young people in a variety of settings.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not an EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children’s and Young People’s Mental Health.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE
How will I learn?
You will learn via Distance Learning after an online induction
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)
Where can I find out more information?
For any queries, please contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply?
Click the apply button to complete your online induction and enrolment