Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness – Level 2 Certificate
This qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the principles of climate change, environmental awareness and waste management. Learners will develop their understanding of how businesses impact the environment, and how businesses and governments can legislate to protect the environment.
What topics are covered?
Topics covered include:
- Causes of global warming
- The climate emergency
- The role of governments in sustainable development
- A vision for a more sustainable future
- Industrial sectors and their impact on the environment
- The business case for environmental protection
- Environmental law
- Pollution control measures
- Waste and resource efficiency
- Recycling waste
- Reducing business consumption & waste
- Renewable energy
- The business case for energy efficiency
- Reducing the carbon footprint
- Water quality and availability
Who is the course aimed at?
This qualification is designed for learners in a wide range of sectors who are seeking to build a better understanding of climate change, and how environmental legislation affects them and their employers.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness.
How will I learn?
You will learn via Distance Learning after an online induction
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)
Where can I find out more information?
For any queries, please contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply?
Click the apply button to complete your online induction and enrolment