Understanding Data Protection and Data Security – Level 2 Certificate
Understanding Data Protection and Data Security is a free level 2 distance learning course. Data protection compliance is an essential legal requirement for all organisations. Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018, it is more vital than ever that everyone who works with personal data understands the laws and acts in compliance, as the penalties can be severe.
Course code: S22DPS2/ERF1A
What topics are covered?
- Current data protection legislation, and how it is applied
- Organisational procedures concerning data
- Possible threats to ICT systems and data, and how to protect against them
- Consequences of not protecting data, and the impact of possible breaches
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Those who want to improve their knowledge of data protection and the importance of keeping data secure
- Those who want to further their professional development with skills that are vital for anyone who handles data
- Those who want to learn at a time that suits them, without the need to attend college
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not an EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE
How will I learn?
You will learn via Distance learning with an assigned tutor.
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On successful completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
Where will I need to go on my first day?
Once your Distance Learning Request Form has been processed you will be invited to attend the next Induction session which generally takes place at either Somer Valley campus (Radstock), or City Centre campus (Bath). Please allow 1.5hrs attendance.
Inductions will include a mandatory 15-minute maths and English assessment (this is not a test).
Learners may need to bring their passport and visa to the induction, for evidencing course eligibility. This will be confirmed prior to the induction date.
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)