Beauty Therapy Extended Diploma Level 2
This Beauty Therapy Level 2 course specialises in developing skills necessary to work in beauty salons and spas. You will learn facial skin care treatment, waxing, eyebrow and lashes treatments, manicure & pedicure as well as make-up services including anatomy, health and safety theory. This is a hands on practical course working on each other and members of the public to improve and develop your skills.
What topics are covered?
During this course you will learn how to:
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Carry out waxing services
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrow and lashes
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Provide make-up services
- Ensure own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Promote additional products or services to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Fulfil salon reception duties
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their skills in this vocational area.
What are the entry requirements?
- Four full GCSEs in English Language, Maths and Science at grade D/3 or above OR Level 1 Certificate in Beauty
- Excellent communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, a mature caring attitude and a professional customer focussed approach.
- A good record of attendance and punctuality is essential, and evidence of this is required in a school report
- You must be aged 16 or above
What qualifications will I gain?
VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
Who is the awarding body?VTCT
How will I be assessed?
Units are internally and externally assessed. Continuous practical assessment is used to teach and develop vocational competence. On completion of each unit you will be required to sit an externally set theory paper.
What can I do after this course?
- Gain employment
- Progress onto:
- Hair and Media Make Up Level 2
- Complementary Therapy NVQ Level 2
- Beauty Therapy General Level 3
- Beauty Therapy Nails Level 3
Are there any additional costs?
Uniform, beauty kit and text books (discussed at interview).
What funding is available?For funding information, please refer to our Funding page.
What facilities are available?
You will gain experience in our on-site state-of-the-art facilities such as the Academy Studios.The Academy
Which department is this course in?Hospitality, Hair, Beauty and Spa Industries
Where will I need to go on my first day?On your first day, please report to the Reception in the Roper Building at City Centre Campus.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to comply with the following policies that are issued at enrolment:
- Dress code
- Code of conduct
- Locker policy
- Scissor / knife policy
A basic stationery pack will be issued to enrolled students.
Where can I find out more information?For advice or more details please telephone 01225 312191 or email email@example.com. You may also visit our Student Advice Centre.
If you have a learning difficulty or disability, please contact Additional Learning Support to arrange additional help.
How do I apply?Online: Click the "Apply" button and fill out an online application form.
By post: download the Full-Time Application Form and send to Student Advice Centre, Bath College, Avon Street, Bath BA1 1UP.
In person: Visit the Student Advice Centre in either of our campuses
To find out more about the application process, please go to the How to Apply page.