Hairdressing NVQ Level 3
This course is designed for you if you wish to progress and develop your hairdressing skills and increase your employability. Students studying on this course will work as hairdressers in our professional salons, which are open to the general public.
What topics are covered?
This qualification comprises of nine units: four mandatory, plus five optional units to cover practical skills and related knowledge.
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional products or services to client
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
Five optional units to choose from the following:
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
- Create a variety of permed effects
- Provide creative hair extension services
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Support client service improvements
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
You may have opportunities to participate in additional training to achieve certificates in colour correction and product knowledge, Balmain hair extensions and La Brasiliana blow dry treatment. There may be a chance to visit the Salon trade fair and take part in a College competition.As a full-time student at Bath College, you will follow a study programme consisting of a vocational diploma, maths and English, employability skills, volunteering and tutorial. Please visit our Study Programmes page for details.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their skills in this vocational area.
What are the entry requirements?
- Hairdressing Level 2 NVQ / VRQ or an equivalent Hairdressing qualification
- Creativity, self-motivation, good communication skills, excellent attendance and a strong commitment to achieve
- Hairdressers with relevant experience who demonstrate sufficient commitment and enthusiasm to succeed within the hairdressing industry will also be considered
- Interview during which you will be expected to take part in a basic practical skills test
What qualifications will I gain?
VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
Who is the awarding body?VTCT
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on a continuous basis within a realistic working environment. Assessment includes projects, oral questions, written tests and the production of a portfolio of completed work.
What can I do after this course?
Gain employment in a hairdressing salon within a role in that requires a more senior status
Are there any additional costs?
Uniform, kit and text books (discussed at interview).
What funding is available?If you are aged 19 or over you may be eligible to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan to cover your tuition fees.
For other funding information, please refer to our Funding page.
What facilities are available?
You will gain experience in our on-site state-of-the-art facilities such as the Academy Studios.
Which department is this course in?Hospitality, Hair, Beauty and Spa Industries
Where will I need to go on my first day?On your first day, please report to the Reception in the Roper Building at City Centre Campus.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to comply with the following policies that are issued at enrolment:
- Dress code
- Code of conduct
- Locker policy
- Scissor / knife policy
A basic stationery pack will be issued to enrolled students.
Where can I find out more information?For advice or more details please telephone 01225 312191 or email email@example.com. You may also visit our Student Advice Centre.
If you have a learning difficulty or disability, please contact Additional Learning Support to arrange additional help.
How do I apply?Online: Click the "Apply" button and fill out an online application form.
By post: download the Full-Time Application Form and send to Student Advice Centre, Bath College, Avon Street, Bath BA1 1UP.
In person: Visit the Student Advice Centre in either of our campuses
To find out more about the application process, please go to the How to Apply page.