This Highway Maintenance course objective is to provide a comprehensive study of all aspects of the maintenance of highways, including the inspection and measurement of the conditions of roads, the maintenance of flexible roads, rigid roads, footways, signs and marking, highway structures and the problems of cyclic maintenance and emergency works.
Course Code: S97HMD4/ECR1C
What topics are covered?
- Maintenance codes of practice
- Designing for maintenance
- Carriageway assessment and condition surveys
- Maintenance rating systems
- Maintenance personnel
- Asset Management
- Flexible roads
- Faults, causes and remedies
- Planning and organisation of surface dressing
- The process of surface dressing
- Treatment of faults in surface dressing
- Patching and reinstatement
- Rigid roads
- Surface repairs
- Joint repairs
- structural repairs
- Routine maintenance
- Defects and repairs of signs and markings
- Highway structures
- construction and major maintenance
- Cyclic maintenance
- Emergency works
- Winter maintenance
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at anyone working or planning to work in the highways industry.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Pearson BTEC Certificate.
Who is the awarding body?Pearson
How will I learn?
You will learn via distance learning with specialist tutor support.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed via assignments marked by a specialist tutor.
What can I do after this course?
After this course you can progress to other full specialist courses and the Highways Professional Diploma.
How much does this course cost?
This full specialist course costs £685.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
Where can I find out more information?For further information, please take a look at our Highways Brochure.
Any queries, contact us by phone on 01225 328 690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.