Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent – Level 2 Certificate
This free, level 2 Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent course aims to increase your knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and Safeguarding, including online safety, over a 16-week Distance Learning programme.
What topics are covered?
Topics covered include:
- Understand the Prevent duty.
- Including radicalisation.
- Extremism and terrorism.
- Understand how to reduce the risk of radicalisation.
- Understand the term safeguarding.
- Recognise signs of abuse of potential harm and how to respond if suspected.
- Understand potential consequences of inappropriate/illegal online activity.
- How to reduce risks posed online.
- Knowledge of potential signs and behavioural changes that could cause concern.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is suitable for those whose responsibilities include the safeguarding of others.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be:
- Over 19
- Live in England
- Not in full-time education
- A resident in UK/EU for last 3 years
- Have evidence of immigration status if not an EU/UK national
If you’re aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification and not have completed any part of the qualification previously.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent.
Who is the awarding body?NCFE
How will I learn?
You will learn via Distance Learning after an online induction
How will I be assessed?
You will submit assignments which will be marked by a specialist assessor.
What can I do after this course?
On completion of this course you can progress to another Level 2 Distance Learning course in a different topic (maximum 3 per year) or to other courses at the College.
Which department is this course in?Distance Learning
What else do I need to know?
- The learner must independently wish to enrol onto the course
- The funding is provided through AEB (Adult Education Budget)
Where can I find out more information?
For any queries, please contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply?
Click the apply button to complete your online induction and enrolment